In the heart of the ancient forest, in glorious and mystical surroundings, Whitemead is the ideal place to start feeling festive and celebrate with the whole family. New for this year, you’ll find the only ice rink in the Forest of Dean at Whitemead’s Winter Woodland! Kids can meet Santa and his reindeer in his very own log cabin and the whole family can get their skates on for a spin around the magical outdoor ice skating rink. At weekends, those not adventurous enough to take to the ice can explore the cute little craft stalls, selling everything from Christmas hampers and gift ideas, to wreaths and deliciously warming hot chocolate. For a cosy break out of the winter chill, head to Forester’s Bar and Restaurant where you can enjoy a tasty turkey and cranberry bun and Whitemead’s scrummy homemade mince pies! And with the country’s largest area of mature oak just a few steps away, families can really make a day of it exploring the enchanting surroundings.
Just minutes away from Lydney in the Forest of Dean, you’ll find festive fun for all the family!
- Ice Rink – just £7.50 per session (approximately 45 minutes) Family tickets and group discounts available
- Santa’s Grotto – just £5 per child, including a Christmas gift
- A chance to meet and feed some of Santa’s Reindeers
- Festive craft stalls (Saturday and Sundays in December)
- Children’s Christmas craft making
- Bar open daily
- Hot and cold food available
Date: Saturday 1, Sunday 2, Saturday 8, Sunday 9 & daily from Friday 14 - Wednesday 2 January 2013. Reindeer on selected days only.
- Santa’s Grotto: 11am – 5.30pm weekends, 3pm – 5.00pm mid week, Evenings from 14th December
- Ice Rink: 10.30am – 6pm
- Craft Stalls: 10am – 4pm (Weekends only)
- Reindeer: 1st, 2nd, 8th, 9th, 21st & 23rd December, 12pm - 6pm and 14th – 20th December & Christmas Eve 5pm-7pm
Tickets: £5 per child to meet Santa (includes gift), ice skating £7.50 per person
Upcoming Events at Whitemeads Winter Woodland
Whitemead Forest Park
0845 345 3425